TMN Tinnies: What you need to know!
The Music Network’s TMN Tinnies are back – bigger and better than ever!
The awards have traditionally celebrated those who are “crushing it” behind the scenes in the world of recorded music, but the 2021 TMN Tinnies will go further and include businesses across the broader music industry.
This year, the TMN Tinnies will focus on the teams – big and small – who have worked to promote Aussie music throughout another challenging year.
2021 TMN Tinnies Categories
1. Management biz of the year
2. Record label of the year
3. Music publisher of the year
4. Music distributor of the year
5. Music media biz of the year
6. Sync/ Licensing biz of the year
7. Music marketing biz of the year
8. Live music biz of the year
9. Ticketing biz of the year
10. Artist services biz of the year
11. Music tech platform of the year
12. Music biz leader of the year
(Open to any Australian senior executive that can clearly demonstrate strong leadership and/or entrepreneurship skills in business, and for the benefit of the wider Australian music industry during the eligibility period)
13. Artist development award
(Open to any Australian A&R, artist manager, artist or equivalent individual or duo that can clearly demonstrate how they have creatively and commercially developed one Australian artist or band during the eligibility period)
14. Best response to COVID-19 – NEW
(Open to any Australian music business that can clearly demonstrate how they have pivoted or diversified during the pandemic for the commercial or philanthropic benefit of business(s), artists(s) and/or the wider Australian music industry)
15. Best use of TikTok in Australian music – NEW
(Open to any Australian music business or artist(s) that can clearly demonstrate a successful on-platform campaign on TikTok during the eligibility period. This could be a piece of content, livestream or paid campaign)
Early Entries Open: Friday, October 8
Early Entries Close: Sunday, November 7
Judging Period: Monday, November 15 to Thursday, November 25
Finalists Announced: Monday, November 29
Winners Announced: Monday, December 6
- Entry is open to all companies and businesses that operate in Australia.
- The eligibility period for entries is October 1 2020 to September 30 2021.
- One representative from a company or business should submit the entry.
- Entries must be submitted via the Take 2 Media awards platform here.
- You may edit your entry after submitting, up until the entry deadline.
- Please make sure all your entry details are entered accurately, including contact details.
- You are eligible to enter if you have already appeared in a previous TMN Tinnies list.
- Please note the early entry deadline date is Sunday, November 7, 2021.
- The system will automatically prevent entry submission after the deadline.
- The awards will have a specially curated judging panel, usually formed by mixing peers with those elsewhere in the value chain, to make sure that the judgement is informed and considered from all relevant sides of the industry.
- Judges will be required to score each answer against specific criteria for each question.
- Voting will be private to avoid lobbying or undue pressure from other judges or third parties.
- The scores will be collated, verified for any anomalies and then averaged out to determine the shortlist and winners.
- The system makes sure that each and every judge will read each and every entry, and allows the editorial team to identify any potential bias or inconsistencies in scores.
- Judges are able to recuse themselves from entries if necessary, and the process is transparent and fair to all parties.
If you have any questions about the awards or entry process, please contact support by email.