Keith Urban ranked #11 in highest earning country acts
Keith Urban was ranked at #11 in Forbes magazine’s “Country Cash Kings” list, after estimated to earn US$28 million since last June.
The New Zealand-born Australian-raised multi-instrumentalist and performer moved to Nashville in 1992. Within three years his albums were turning platinum, and eleven singles had gone to #1. His latest, John Cougar, John Deere, John 3:16, is his fastest selling in America in a decade. Urban’s net worth is put at $75 million by Celebrity Net Worth while he and Nicole Kidman were placed at 10th richest celebrity couple with a combined income of $155 million. He’s currently working on his ninth album.
The Forbes “Country Cash Kings” list was topped by Garth Brooks whose first tour in a decade contributed to him earning $90 million in the past 12 months – a record for a country act. In the first half of 2015, 74 shows made him the second highest grossing tour ($79.9 million) after The Rolling Stones’ $80.7 million although Brooks charged an average of 2.5 times less per ticket than the Stones.
The Full List:
1. Garth Brooks, $90 million
2. Toby Keith, $53 million
3. Jason Aldean, $43.5 million
4. Luke Bryan, $42.5 million
5. Kenny Chesney, $42 million
6. Tim McGraw, $38 million
7. Florida Georgia Line, $36.5 million
8. Zac Brown Band, $32 million
9. Miranda Lambert, $28.5 million (tie)
9. Blake Shelton, $28.5 million (tie)
11. Keith Urban, $28 million
12. Eric Church, $26 million
13. Brad Paisley, $24 million
14. Rascal Flatts, $19.5 million
15. Lady Antebellum, $17 million