News March 19, 2018

Hockey Dad show cancelled due to “unforeseen structural issues”, gig now rescheduled at new venue

Former Assistant Editor
Hockey Dad show cancelled due to “unforeseen structural issues”, gig now rescheduled at new venue

Update: Hockey Dad‘s cancelled show from Sunday night at Woolly Mammoth has been rescheduled to this evening (Monday) at The Tivoli.

Both last night and tonight’s scheduled shows were sold out, and fans with tickets for tonight have been advised that they can rock up to The Tivoli instead of Woolly Mammoth and be guaranteed entry.

Previous Story: NSW surf rock band Hockey Dad were forced to cancel Sunday night’s show at Fortitude Valley’s Woolly Mammoth at the last minute due to structural issues at the venue.

Hockey Dad posted the news on Facebook yesterday just hours before they were set to take to the stage for the second of three consecutive shows.

“Due to unforeseen structural issues at the venue, tonight’s Brisbane show has been cancelled,” they said.

“Sorry for the stitch up, it was out of our control. We love yas all.”

Woolly Mammoth posted their own statement, though the initial details on why the show had been cancelled were skint. “Due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight’s Hocket Dad show scheduled to start at 7:30pm at Woolly Mammoth has been cancelled,” said the venue.

“Together with band’s management, we’re working tirelessly on fixing the issue, and still hope for tomorrow’s show to go as planned.”

After several fans commented on the post asking for further details or pointing out other concerts where the “floor shook” worryingly, Woolly Mammoth explained further that the venue had been certified as safe, but that the concert had been cancelled regardless.

“We’ve decided to cancel tonight’s show despite it being certified, due to concerns over patrons’ safety. We won’t risk it if there’s even slightest chance of damage, hence why we’re getting the engineers again tonight, to reinforce the structure, and make it 100% safe going forward.”

The band successfully performed at Woolly Mammoth on Saturday night, but as Music Feeds reports the cancellation appears to be a result of damage to a support beam as a result of patrons jumping on the first level of the venue.

If tonight’s gig cannot go ahead, an alternative solution, whether it comes in the form of a full refund or a ticket swap, will be decided later today.

Related articles