breaking News March 17, 2020

Splendour in the Grass confirms new dates for 20th-anniversary

Splendour in the Grass confirms new dates for 20th-anniversary

2020 is being rescheduled to October.

With little clarity around Scomo’s ban on mass gatherings, promoter have made the sensible decision to postpone their 20th-anniversary.

Tickets went on sale to the general public last month with the biggest-ever allocation of 50,000 – all were snapped up within an hour.

“Health and safety is our number one priority,” said Splendour co-founders and in a statement to media on Tuesday.

“After careful consideration and consultation with our artists, crew and stakeholders, in these unpredictable times, we have decided, as a precautionary measure, to move Splendour in the Grass 2020 out of the winter months.

“We are not expecting any major upsets to the line-up thanks to the incredible support of the artists playing Splendour. Flume, The Strokes and Tyler, The Creator who have all confirmed their attendance for these new dates alongside most others.

“As this is moving quickly and we work through the detail there will be some programming changes, but we are confident that rescheduling to October is the best way to ensure we present the Splendour experience you all know and love.

“We understand that many of our patrons have already made plans for July and we trust local accommodation and travel providers will act in the best interests of all to accommodate these changes without penalty.

“Huge thanks for your ongoing support and we’ll see you in October.”

All tickets purchased for the original Splendour dates in July are valid for entry on the new October dates.

Moshtix will be in touch with all account holders directly. Ticket holders who are not able to attend the new dates will be able to apply for a refund.

Groovin the Moo’s 2020 tour has also just cancelled its April and May dates.

The Prime Minister and state and territory leaders ordered all non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people to be suspended from Monday amid fears about the spread of coronavirus.

“These events that we are seeking to advise against and restrict are non-essential, organised gatherings of persons of 500 or more,” the PM said.

The announcement followed the advice of chief health officer Brendan Murphy.

Related articles