FastForward Sydney unveils first speakers as tickets go on sale
The third edition of international music conference FastForward is returning to Sydney.
Ticket are now on sale for the future-thinking conference, which is set to call Studios 301 its new home between April 30 to May 1.
Organisers have revealed a stack of discussion panels and presentations.
Some of those sessions include The Future of the Media; Demystifying Digital; Battle of the Distributors; Finding Your Audience and What Next for A&R?
“I love this time of year,” said FastForward founder Chris Carey.
“There are so many cool things that people have been working on these past few months, it’s a challenge to squash it into 2 days. We have plenty more speakers to announce and some big keynotes still to come, so watch this space!”
Returning in 2020 is the FastFifteen solo format, which will see hosts cover the following topics: Mental Health for Managers; Tones and I, what can the data tell us?; Thriving as an introvert and Don’t call me “Boomer”.
Early bird tickets are just $100 AUD for the first two weeks from Tuesday, March 3.
The first wave of speakers for FastForward Sydney 2020 are:
- Andrew Stone, Head of Chugg Music
- Antonia Beggs, Head of Match Day Operations, Cricket Australia
- Catherine Haridy, Executive Director of the Association of Artist Managers
- Chris Carey, Founder, FastForward / Head of International Marketing, TicketSwap (NL)
- Poppy Reid, Managing Editor, Rolling Stone Australia and The Brag Media
- Shelley Bishop, Managing Director, Studios 301
- Vanessa Picken, Founder, Comes With Fries / Head of Digital, USA/Asia/ANZ, PIAS
In keeping with the conference’s tradition of bringing in ideas from outside of the music industry, FastForward has also announced head of match operations & events at Cricket Australia, Antonia Beggs, will share her insights on how to build record-breaking audiences.
APRA AMCOS is again sponsoring the Thursday night post-conference drinks.