Listen to the first episode of Viv & Jake’s new podcast, That’s Entertainment!
The first episode of That’s Entertainment! is here.
The podcast, hosted by TMN’s Vivienne Kelly and Jake Challenor, goes behind the curtain of Australia’s billion-dollar media and entertainment industry, mixing the biggest news of the week with hot takes, insider scoops, and a discussion of all the personalities, politics and pressures from within the bubble.
This week’s premiere episode delves into the campaign to tear down Network 10 amid the talent wars playing out in the tabloids. That’s Entertainment! has the inside scoop on who is driving the negative stories and an exclusive statement from 10 hitting back at the claims.
The podcast also goes into why Australia’s live entertainment sector should be paying very close attention to the Astroworld tragedy, and how the country’s talent drain in the face of COVID-19 and lockdowns could pose a real risk to event promoters and attendees.
Plus, there’s a discussion of the radio talent changes still to come as the networks play their annual round of radio roulette, and the SCA staff member who caused chaos in the company.
This Week on That’s Entertainment!:
– Headlines that hurt. Behind the campaign to tear down Ten amid the very public battle for ratings and the unfolding talent wars playing out in the tabloids (03:20)
– Why Australia’s live entertainment sector should be paying very close attention to the Astroworld tragedy that left eight dead and hundreds more injured (11:09)
– What this week’s radio ratings tell us about the talent shakeups still to happen as the networks play their annual round of radio roulette (18:47)
– Hot Take: The problematic culture of giving tarnished talent a prime-time platform for public redemption and revival on Australian reality television (29:30)
– Fail of the Week: “The disgraceful all-staff email debacle” (37:16)