Revealed: 7 highlights from this week’s official airplay charts
1. Joel Corry & MNEK return to the Hot 100 summit
After a one week break from the top position on the TMN Hot 100, Joel Corry & MNEK’s ‘Head & Heart’ returns to #1 this week, pushing Jason Derulo’s ‘Take You Dancing’ to #2.
2. Ariana Grande & Dua Lipa climb into the Top 10
The new single from Ariana Grande, ‘positions’, climbs six frames this week to #5 in its eighth week on the Hot 100. Dua Lipa’s latest ‘Levitating’ also jumped into the Top 10 this week.
3. This week’s biggest debuts on the Hot 100
Jax Jones & Au/Ra scored the highest debut, with ‘I Miss U’ at #36. Other notable debuts are from The Kid LAROI (#48), Foo Fighters (#61) and Julia Michaels (#62).
4. Keith Urban & Pink summit the Country Hot 50, again
Over on the TMN Country Hot 50, Keith Urban & P!nk’s collab ‘One Too Many’ returns to the top spot this week, as Brad Cox’s new single ‘Short Lived Love’ jumps from #20 to #2 this week.
5. The Kid LAROI is on track for another radio smash
There is no stopping Aussie wunderkind The Kid LAROI. His new single ‘SO DONE’ got immediate support from triple j, The Edge 96.1 Sydney and the Nova and Hit networks.
6. Allday rocket to #1 on the triple j airplay chart
After inking a new label deal in October with Believe and dropping latest single ‘After All This Time’, Allday continues to prove a favourite with triple j listeners.
7. Sony Music Australia remains the most influential label
With 38 tracks in the Hot 100, Sony Music Australia continues to lead market share in both the Hot 100 (43.09%) and the coveted Hot 40 (47.58%), followed by Universal and Warner.