Venue Manager – Piccadilly Theatre
Reports to: Executive Directors
Supervises directly: Front of House Manager and Technical Manager
Works closely with: F&B Consultant, Finance Manager, Marketing Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join WA’s premier concert, promotions and event management company. The iconic Piccadilly Theatre will be opening in late 2020. A theatre for the people, The Piccadilly will be beautifully restored with a nod to its 1930s heritage but equipped with modern comforts. Mellen Events is excited to lead the team who will be breathing life back in to a grand old dame. We are now recruiting for a Venue Manager. This is a full-time role, commencing in the first quarter of 2020.
Reporting to the Executive Directors, the Venue Manager will develop, manage and implement The Piccadilly’s business operations, including:
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Planning and Growth
• Develop and deliver the overarching business strategy to provide for long-term strategic business growth through proactive venue hiring, activation, function and commercial activities.
• Increase revenue through strategic implementation and management of all venue hire, commercial activities and bar operations.
• Identify and cultivate new hirers for The Piccadilly, documenting all contact and tracking progress.
• Negotiate and secure new corporate and industry partners, including creating proposals for prospective corporate partners and sponsors.
• Be pro-active in your approach to problem solving and have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• A brand ambassador for The Piccadilly and act as a Duty manager as and when required.
• Lead, develop and manage all business operations within the organisation including venue hires, events and functions, bar, café, and other commercial activities.
• Manage contractual negotiations and relationships for major venue activities including:
o venue hires
o functions and events
• Proactive promotion of the venue to facilitate increased usage of all aspects of The Piccadilly in consultation with the Executive Directors.
• Maintain venue and equipment booking system and oversee scheduling.
• Review, manage and negotiate hiring agreements.
• Collection and distribution of hirer’s production, ticketing, marketing and Front of House requirements and information.
• Preparing hirer’s costs estimate and post show settlements and reconciliations.
• Communication of venue activity to staff.
Front of House Management
• Management of Front of House requirements including supervision of Front of House staff (including bar).
• Implementation and review of emergency procedures, including evacuation practices and emergency wardens.
• Ensure regulatory compliance across OHS, public safety and first aid.
• Ensure clear communications of all venue business activities across all departments of the organisation.
• Engender an organisational value and appreciation of business and the need for high levels of customer service.
• Fulfil all legal requirements related to venue hire operations and ensure accurate reporting.
• Ensure compliance with OHS legislation, policies, procedures and work practices and participate in risk assessments as required.
• Represent the company at corporate and key industry events as and when appropriate.
• Other duties as directed by the Executive Directors.
1. Demonstrated high level experience in venue management or equivalent.
2. Excellent business acumen and financial management.
3. Excellent negotiation and communication skills together with high level strategic and analytical thinking.
4. Demonstrated relationship management experience and highly developed interpersonal skills.
5. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare proposals.
6. Experience with venue booking systems.
References and demonstrated prior experience is essential.
As a part of your application please advise us of your desired salary.
Applications for this position will close on 6 December 2019.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For further information or to apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org