Share your voice. Make quality connections. Shape the future of audio.
As part of ARN, the recognised leader in audio in Australia, you have an opportunity to share your voice on the future of audio. Audio is booming and we are defining it. We are entertainers. We create moments that move people, and that people move to. We are investing in audio’s smartest advertising, experts, and innovations. This gives us unparalleled understanding of our audience and the content that moves them and helps us form quality connections with our customers. It’s our commitment to creating moments that move people that makes us memorable.
We’re shaping the future of audio – our success as the leader in the Australian radio landscape means we can complement our great radio people with others whose skills will help us dominate the digital audio landscape of the future, just as we have the radio landscape of today.
We have the best people and the best future. Why not come along and be part of our story?
We currently have an exciting role available for a Technologist to join our Melbourne Tech team!
Key role outputs include:
• Broadcasting and Technical Studio Equipment
o Ensure the effective functioning of broadcasting and streaming equipment, both within studios as a priority and production environments, by responding to and resolving any technical malfunctions or operator issues
o Ensure the preventative maintenance schedule for broadcasting and technical equipment is adhered to, in accordance with quality standards, policy and priorities
o Ensure any additions or changes to infrastructure are documented clearly and accurately
• Radio Transmitter Sites
o Always ensure the effective operation of ARN’s radio transmitter sites and transmission signals by monitoring signals and fail-safe systems
o Ensure the preventative maintenance schedule is adhered to by inspecting the technical equipment and transmitter building sites, in accordance with quality standards, policy and priorities
• IT Facilities and Office Equipment
o Provide hardware and software support for all computer systems
o Assist IT staff to ensure hardware and software support for computers to resolve user issues
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills
• Excellent time and project management skills
• Skilled at managing conflicting priorities
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
• The ability to explain technical issues to non-technical users
• Analysis and problem-solving skills
• Broadcast transmission equipment knowledge
• Advanced IT skills
• Cisco CCENT, CCT or higher
• Audio and visual knowledge
• A minimum of five years Technical related knowledge and experience in commercial broadcasting
We have four behaviours that make up our “Culture in Action” which describe how we act every day to create a great place to work:
• Aim High – We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
• Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
• Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
• Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse perspectives to help us achieve that.
Bring your skills, genius, and energy along on our journey, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business 7 October 2021.
ARN is a HT&E company. For more details, head to www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (LinkedIn /australianradionetwork)
ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/