Senior Tax Accountant, Music Industry
Experienced, confident tax expert to join our innovative, fast-paced work environment.
White Sky is the largest music accounting services company in Australia. For over a decade we’ve been the industry leader, handling the accounts for Australia’s biggest entertainment names, both on stage and behind the scenes.
We go far beyond basic compliance work to help our clients succeed in their creative endeavours. Our commitment to staff development and our culture of solving problems by embracing new technologies has seen us grow consistently since our inception in 2002.
Since the launch of our tax division in March this year we’ve experienced faster growth than anticipated, which means we’re now looking for a Senior Tax Accountant to take the lead of our newly established tax division and continued expansion.
You will be responsible for:
• New client meetings and onboarding.
• Completing all types of tax returns, financial statements and other compliance matters for music business clients.
• Continuous improvement and streamlining of processes & procedures.
• Mentoring, training and reviewing the work of junior staff.
The successful applicant will have:
• CA/CPA qualification.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a large accounting firm.
• Confident, passionate communication skills.
• A love of solving problems and impressing clients.
• Business advisory experience/aspirations.
• Leadership qualities and ambitions.
• An interest in music and the music industry is also a big advantage.
The successful applicant will have access to monthly face to face tax update and technical training provided by specialist Chartered Accountant tax trainers to assist with meeting CPD requirements.
The position is full-time with salary packages ranging between $80,000 and $100,000 (plus super) depending on the successful applicant.