Radio News Journalist / Producer – Darwin (Full-time)
Northern Territory Broadcasters Mix 104.9FM is looking for an experienced journalist to join our on-air news team and produce content for the regions premier radio talkback show 360 with Katie Woolf.
Based in Darwin, you will ensure Katie’s show runs smoothly each morning and be responsible for sourcing, researching, creating and presenting news bulletins to air each afternoon.
Mix 104.9FM is part of the family-owned Grant Broadcasters network and offers a range of career paths within one of the biggest holders of commercial radio stations in Australia.
The successful applicant will need to be highly organised, motivated and have the capacity to handle people of influence, including senior political and business leaders.
The person we are looking for will have an active interest in all local affairs and be able to develop a network of contacts.
The ideal candidate is a graded journalist with excellent organisational skills, a good news sense and a positive attitude.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, researching and preparing news stories
- Interviewing, recording and editing grabs for broadcast
- Writing and presenting local bulletins, headlines and sport reports to air
- Being confident in delivering both live and pre-recorded bulletins and talk breaks
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships within the community
- Being able to make sound editorial decisions on the best angle from which to approach a story
To be considered for this position, you will need the following skills and experience:
- You must have tertiary qualifications in journalism or communication
- A minimum of one year experience in broadcast media
- Excellent presentation, communication and written skills
- Be able to adapt writing and presentation style in line with market needs
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Have a deep understanding of media law guidelines and industry codes of conduct
- $65,000 – $70,000 based on experience.
To apply please send your resume, a cover letter and MP3 demo to:
Qld/ NT News Director
Applications close COB 31 July 2021*
* Unless position filled beforehand