FULL TIME PUBLICIST POSITION
Scrabble PR is seeking an experienced full-time publicist to join our Byron Bay based team. We’re looking for someone who can jump right in and hit the ground running, and who is comfortable working across a range of clients, including music festivals, artist tours, and other awesome businesses who operate in the music, arts and cultural sectors.
Some of our current clients include Splendour in the Grass, Fairgrounds Festival, Big Pineapple Music Festival, Garage Sale Trail, UNIFY Gathering, Grow Your Own and more!
This is a unique opportunity for someone to join a dynamic, music and arts loving, creatively driven team based in beautiful Byron Bay (BYO surfboard).
The successful candidate will:
• Have minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience working in events and building artist profiles
• Possess a thorough knowledge of the Australian media landscape and have established relationships within this
• Have excellent press release and writing skills with a gift for puns
• Have strong media planning and pitching abilities across all sectors
• Be a creative thinker with a sense of humour
• Work well and keep calm in high pressure situations (such as on-ground at music festivals)
• Have good social media skills; with the ability to execute creative and engaging posts and communicate important messages effectively
• Work collaboratively or independently, with a “get sh*t done” attitude.
• Be passionate about the music and creative industries (but not take themselves too seriously!)
What you’ll be doing:
• Assist in the development of creative strategies and managing publicity campaigns for music festivals, artist tours, artists, events and more.
• Write, format, distribute and ensure coverage of press releases
• Develop creative and comprehensive media matrixes to present to clients. Pitch out these ideas to media
• Pitch out and co-ordinate artist interviews with record labels and media; create interview schedules
• Oversee festival/event media accreditation
• Create on-ground artist interview schedules for music festivals; liaise and executing these
• Create social media schedules. Write creative and engaging posts; communicate important messages effectively
• Write EDMs
• Maintain WIP documents and report regularly to clients
If you can tick all of these boxes please send a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org