Media and Promo Manager
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The newly minted Virgin Music Australia (formerly Caroline) is the Label Services Arm of Universal Music. We partner with the best independent labels and artists for Australia. International artists we are lucky enough to partner with include Trippie Redd, Mac DeMarco, Aitch, Denzel Curry, Catfish and The Bottlemen, St Vincent, Dave, Internet Money, Christine and The Queens and more. Local artists include Parcels, Amyl and The Sniffers, Chillinit, Youngn Lipz, Skegss, King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, Marlon Williams and more.
Virgin Music Australia is looking to appoint a Media and Promotions Manager (Melbourne office) to promote Virgin artists and releases through the design and execution of creative and effective promotional campaigns. Reporting to the Senior Media and Promotions Manager based in Sydney office, this role forms an integral part of the teams’ promotions strategy to help break artists. The successful candidate will work across national radio, TV, press and online outlets to maximum impact and exposure for our artists and releases.
• Promoting Virgin artists to AUS media, with a focus on community radio and online
• Working closely with wider Virgin AU team to create and implement national campaigns – pitching widespread artist promo and coverage, as well as overseeing all VIC on-ground opportunities
• Applying a professional, personable and “can do” attitude to artist, management and label requests.
• Campaign briefing, debriefing and weekly reporting
• Database maintenance and press release management
• Dealing with sensitive and confidential information
• Develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of National radio, press, TV and online contacts to ensure maximum exposure for Virgin Artists.
• Responsible for servicing these media contacts by physical visits, phone, Zoom and email correspondence, via regular distribution of product, press releases, videos, etc.
• Responsible for ensuring all said media enquiries are followed up thoroughly and in a timely manner.
• Act as a central co-ordination point for all artists you represent with said media contacts, and pitch and co-ordinate activities, interviews, competitions, live performances, etc.
• Ensure that key promotional contacts attend our artist launch events and gigs.
• Preferable 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role or a role with relevant promotions experience in the music/entertainment industry
• Demonstrated relationship building skills
• Knowledge or practical understanding of the digital music market and digitally focused marketing campaigns
• A broad music knowledge including Virgin repertoire is vital
• Proven organisational, co-ordination and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including creative writing, proposal writing)
• Excellent persuasive skills
We are a passionate team with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative, and respected artists. If think you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Follow us on socials at Life@UniversalMusic for exclusive events, artist and music releases, and career opportunities + Register to our Talent Pool: