Sony Music Entertainment Australia is home to the world’s biggest and brightest local and international artists.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and passionate music fanatic to join our Marketing team as Marketing Manager, based in our Sydney office. In this role, you will report to the Senior Director, Australian Artists. You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of marketing strategies across an assigned roster of Australian artists.
• Develop creative and audience centric marketing campaigns for your roster of artists.
• Building an artist brand, core pillars and identity in line with the artist vision and Sony Music.
• In consultation with the Senior Director of Marketing, create and build all local marketing tools, including artist imagery, press images, release artwork, advertising assets and videos.
• Be the day-to-day point person for artist team, Label partner or management on your roster of artists.
• Planning and execution of all paid advertising for an artist campaign, this includes digital advertising, paid social, Out of Home, TV, special projects and more.
• In partnership with the Audience Development and socials lead ensure a strong and impactful content strategy is delivered to complement primary marketing assets for release.
• Collaborate with core working group across Comms, Audience Development, Socials and A&R to deliver impactful campaign plans for artists in line with artist branding and set audience.
• Deliver on core marketing objectives that drive streaming, sales, fan acquisition and revenue as set by the Senior Director of Marketing and key internal stakeholders.
• Ensure all possible merch opportunities are explored and integrated into marketing campaigns for your artists.
• Forecast project-based marketing and sales budgets in line with the core objectives of the campaign and Sony Music.
• Maintain and cultivate strong working relationships with artists, artist teams and management.
• Effectively communicate marketing plans and artist branding to relevant external parties and be responsible for generating appropriate comms material to do so.
• Monitor and optimise your active artist marketing campaigns and adjust spends, focus or tactics as needed.
• Curation of artist playbacks, presentations, in-stores and fan, media or industry events.
• Communicating all elements of an artist campaign with both our Sony Music Australia team and our Sony Global teams as required.
• Analyse social, lifestyle and market trends for any opportunities that may help amplify any Sony Music artist or brand.
• Love and passion for music and supporting local talent.
• Strong understanding of digital marketing, social media, content, and streaming landscape.
• Creative thinker, proactive in your approach, able to work autonomously and also be a team player.
• Great communicator and an ability to take on and utilise diverse opinions.
• Be a relationship driven person.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
• Ambition to grow within the company and move into a Senior Marketing Manager position.
• Minimum 3 years-experience in the entertainment industry.
• Follow the music industry, our artists and our labels.
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.