Playbill Venues – Hordern Pavilion
Shape the exciting future of Sydney’s iconic Hordern Pavilion as General Manager of Playbill Venues.
– Play a leading role in the vision and operation of the iconic Hordern Pavilion and Outdoor Plaza
– Grow and reposition Playbill Venues for the future
– Proudly part of the global Playbill Group, leaders in sport and live entertainment merchandising and publishing.
Playbill Venues operates Sydney’s iconic live music venue, the Hordern Pavilion. We proudly host some of Australia’s best events, from intimate concerts to the extravagant Mardi Gras After Party.
At an exciting time in our business evolution, we are seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking General Manager to lead the Playbill Venues team and support our vision to:
• Rejuvenate and reposition the Hordern Pavilion as part of the recently announced PlayOn Group redevelopment.
• Deliver innovative events and exceptional customer service to valued clients, partners, precinct stakeholders and patrons.
• Activate the Hordern’s Outdoor Plaza space in collaboration with precinct stakeholders and joint venture partner the Sydney Swans.
• Actively seek new commercial opportunities and achieve strong growth outcomes.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in our Sydney headquarters at Moore Park.
Reporting jointly to the Managing Director and the Chief Financial Officer of the Playbill Group, you will lead Playbill Venues and manage sales and bookings, operations, finance and people.
Key accountabilities for this role include:
• Leading and contributing to the development, delivery and review of Playbill Venues’ strategic, financial and operational plans
• Securing new and ongoing business to the venues through effective stakeholder and client management, marketing, sales and innovative event modelling
• Project managing the operational requirements of the Hordern’s major renovation and revitalisation of associated spaces as part of the PlayOn Group redevelopment
• Preparing annual asset management and maintenance plans
• Managing human resources, including recruiting, training, developing and retaining operational teams
• Negotiating, in conjunction with the CFO, supplier contracts and managing contractors and external service providers
• Ensuring all lease and legal responsibilities including risk, compliance and reporting, are met
• Developing, reviewing and reporting annual and project budgets, seeking efficiency and cost control
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Experience in a similar role in venue management or associated industries
• An understanding of current trends in live entertainment/event operation and management
• Experience in strategic and financial planning, commercial negotiations and budget management
• A strategic and entrepreneurial mindset focused on external partnerships, such as joint ventures and commercial opportunities
• Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, industry, government and private sector contacts, contractors and professionals
• Demonstrated success in securing new business initiatives and managing major clients or events
• Experience as a dedicated leader with the ability to motivate others and the flexibility to work effectively in a small team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Playbill Venues at the start of an exciting new era and help shape its future direction. Playbill Venues is part of the Playbill Group, which was founded in Sydney in 1958 and today, operates at the heart of the entertainment industry in 10 countries.
For further information about this role and to obtain the full position description, please contact Clare Masters on 0424261947. To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org