Commercial Manager – Festival/Music Industry
Our client is Australia’s most highly awarded festival, held annually for five days over Easter in Byron Bay. They are also Australia’s most successful independent touring company and engages international and local artists to perform at the festival and on tour at venues across Australia and New Zealand.
We are looking for a full time Commercial Manager to join our client’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) who has strong sales and or marketing experience and exceptional team-leadership skills.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Directing the commercial and resource management of the Group of Companies
• Managing the performance and working closely with the ELT on all operations from a commercial, marketing and finance perspective
• Monitoring financial performance, financial analysis (including trend analysis) and preparing project performance reports and recommendations for the ELT
• Leading contract negotiations with suppliers, staff and contractors
• Developing and monitoring the subcontractor and supply agreement process
• Evaluating business improvement opportunities and making recommendations to reduce costs, increase productivity, improve economic value added and increase EBITA
• Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in relation to legal, financial and administration matters – the standard of internal control and policies
• Setting direction and providing clear and timely feedback to direct reports on their performance
• Liaising with our HR Consultant and managing staff with our ELT
• Other areas of the business as they become necessary
To be successful in this position, we are looking for someone who can really think outside the box, can work to shifting priorities and tight deadlines whilst implementing structure, policies and procedures to the business. You will have experience leading change and fostering a positive work culture, ideally you will have a minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar position. You will have:
• Comprehensive knowledge of contracts and procedures
• Excellent commercial and negotiation skills
• Well-developed communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships and able to negotiate and manage conflict
• Strategic vision as well as high level of attention to detail with the ability to flex between the big picture and the day to day
• Strong people leadership with the ability to effectively develop a business culture that drives high performance and leverages the strengths of the team
Experience and qualifications
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Experience building strong relationships with key business partners, stakeholders and suppliers
• Through understanding of key business drivers and knowledge of digital marketing and revenue generation
• Experience implementing policies and procedures
• MBA or bachelor’s degree in Business, possibly majoring in Marketing
• Strong knowledge of IT and other business infrastructure such as Microsoft Office suite
Our client is based in Tyagarah, Northern New South Wales who has a dynamic and dedicated team to ensuring success of the festival and tours for their artists.
Confidential enquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org , alternatively click apply now attaching your resume and cover letter. Please advise your salary expectations within your cover letter.