Business Development Manager – Music
Eventbrite is the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend events that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar competitions, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions — you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
In 2020, we’re growing our Melbourne-based Music team that is dedicated to servicing the APAC music industry.
The APAC Music team has achieved its success in the market to date as a result of Eventbrite’s product fit for live music festivals, gigs and venues in addition to the reputation that has been formed upon trusted in-market relationships.
Our platform manages the ticketing for some of Australia’s most prominent independent music events and our goal is to be the trusted go-to platform for independent live music experiences in the region, whether it’s a 30,000 capacity music festival or a small-scale venue dedicated to hosting gigs for up-and-coming artists.
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to work with music festivals, promoters and venues Australia-wide and provide them with an understanding of Eventbrite’s products and resources that are proven to drive event attendance.
With an engrained understanding of the APAC music industry, you’ll be a proven, natural seller who takes a consultative approach. You’ll be capable of driving valuable discussions with your clients on ticketing, complementary marketing initiatives, technical and product integrations and negotiate commercial deals.
IN ADDITION, YOU WILL:
– Own the full business development cycle including planning, prospecting, qualifying, obtaining and nurturing new business opportunities across the APAC music industry to achieve and exceed business plans
– Engage cross functionally with our Melbourne-based Marketing, Communications and Customer Success teams to drive awareness, engagement and service standards
– Have an in-depth understanding of the key business initiatives, areas of concern, technology stack, and competitive environment, and recognise how Eventbrite’s Music solutions could be applied to suite the needs of music promoters and venues
– Develop and deliver value-based solution proposals, product demonstration and presentations
– Meet and exceed established business development targets; specifically new opportunities generated, closed deals and realised revenue
– Take a structure approach to managing your book of business and business development pipeline, using Salesforce effectively in addition to managing reporting requirements
– Proactively connect and self-educate. You’ll engage with creators on a day to day basis and you’ll be an avid attendee of live music events yourself
– Develop expertise in the ticketing industry by identifying trends, market challenges, and competitive offerings in your vertical and territory
– Collaborate with peers in the organisation, customers, and vendors to interpret information and improve business development processes
This is a rare opportunity for an industry talent to join the Eventbrite Music team.
While the position is based in Melbourne, we’re searching Australia-wide and an attractive package is on offer which will include relocation benefits.
If you are a passionate seller with an understanding of ticketing tech, have been an avid user of Eventbrite and pride yourself on your industry relationships, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be rewarded with loads of perks and work within a high-performing and inclusive culture.
Some domestic and international travel may be required.