Performers revealed for Nine’s Carols by Candlelight
The full lineup of Melbourne’s pre-Christmas carols evening has been revealed ahead of the performance on Christmas Eve.
Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight will go to air at 8pm on December 24 across both Channel 9 and its streaming platform 9Now from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl, and the public will be absent from the event for the first time in its history.
The full lineup is below, with descriptions from Nine:
- The cast of the internationally acclaimed hit musical: Hamilton
- Singer-songwriter and ARIA Award winner Dami Im
- Powerhouse vocalist Casey Donovan
- Jamie Cullum, the fastest-selling jazz musician in British history
- Rock music singer-songwriter Ella Hooper
- TV and pop star Bonnie Anderson
- Rock star Mark Seymour, joined by his daughters Eva and Hannah
- Nine’s beloved Carols family: Marina Prior, David Hobson, Tim Campbell, Anthony Callea, Denis Walter and Silvie Paladino
- Viral sensation and children’s favourite Jimmy Rees
- Number one recording artist Isaiah Firebrace
- Stage and screen darling Christie Whelan-Browne
- Back by popular demand, Rob Mills and fellow music star Bobby Fox
- The Voice 2020 winner Chris Sebastian
- Movie star and opera singer Silvia Colloca and Tenor Michael Leonardi
- West End and Australian music theatre star Simon Gleeson
- R&B group CDB with their new Christmas release
- Stars of the hit musical Come from Away; husband and wife Phillip Lowe and Zoe Gertz
- Making their Carols debut, award-winning singer-songwriters Jess Hitchcock and the incredible Timothy Bowen
- Popular Australian soprano Mirusia Louwerse
- The outstanding harmonies of the Melbourne Gospel Choir
- Plus, performances from the Australian Girls Choir and the National Boys Choir
- And a special visit from the big man himself, direct from the North Pole
These stars will all perform under the baton of musical director, John Foreman, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster, Doug Heywood.
Carols by Candlelight is Vision Australia’s largest annual fundraiser with donations going towards services for children who are blind or have low vision. This year, donations made during the 24-hour period over Christmas will have double the impact with every donation to be doubled by the Vision Australia community. You can donate here: www.givetocarols.com.
The rival Sydney event Woolworths Carols in the Domain goes to air on Channel 7. Despite its name, this year the event is being hosted at COVID-safe venue Aware Super Theatre in Darling Harbour, with no paid tickets available to the public. It will be broadcast at 7:30pm on Wednesday, December 23.
Channel 7’s Sydney event features the likes of Shannon Noll, Samantha Jade, The Wiggles, Amber Lawrence, Hugh Sheridan, Todd McKenney, and Mark Vincent.